We run family and group courses and private parties, all year round, and Kids Only Courses during most school holidays. All of which are designed to train our visitors in the following essential skills:
- Shelter building - we're out in all conditions, so our shelters have to be good enough to cook under and sleep under (and we do).
- Fire building - matchless fire lighting using traditional and modern methods - always a favourite and hugely rewarding (for more than just tea and marshmallows).
- Camp fire cooking - wilderness training doesn't mean 'roughing it' when you eat as well as we do.
- Team building and group challenges - developing teamwork, self confidence and problem solving abilities underpins everything we do at the Bushcamp.
- Stealth Games - taking hide-and-seek and forty-forty to the next level, we teach some great games to take away and play with friends and family.
- Make your own survival kits - these great souvenirs of the Bushcamp ensure you'll leave with more than just new skills and great memories.
- Archery - have a go with a selection of different types of bow, for some traditional woodland archery.
- Wild food - those who want to see how to find lunch when Sainsbury's isn't an option can try their hand at foraging and trapping.
- Water procurement and purification - arguably the most important of survival skills, you'll learn how to quench your thirst, without turning a tap.
- Navigation and wilderness map making - you'll learn how to make it back to civilisation in one piece, even if your GPS doesn't.
Holiday Kids' Club Courses
Any time the kids are off school we'll gladly run a course for groups of 5 or more.
Family Bushcraft Weekend Courses
Term-time weekday courses are also available for schools and other private groups.